H.E. Alhaji Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri
The Executive Governor of Adamawa State
H.E. Ambassador Tukur Yusuf Buratai
Chairman of the occasion
HRH, Ahaji Mu’azu M. K.
Distinguished invited guests, Gentlemen of the Press, Ladies and Gentlemen
Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh
All praises are due to Allah (SWT) for His mercies and blessings upon us and the entire humanity. May His peace and blessings be upon His Prophet and Messenger Muhammad (S.A.W.), his Household and Companions.
- Distinguished Ladies and Gentlemen, on behalf of Al-Ansar Foundation, it is my pleasure and singular honour to be in this auspicious occasion and in the midst of renowned and erudite academic scholars, traditional chieftains, exalted public servants, businessmen and well-meaning relatives, friends, well-wishers across the nation who are here to rejoice with us on this special occasion.
- Let me use this medium to express my heartfelt gratitude and appreciation to the Publisher, Management, Editorial Board and the entire leadership of the Northeast Star Magazine (NESM) for conferring on me and other eminent personalities these prestigious awards. I am indeed deeply touched by this singular act of gesture which I have never envisaged. It is truly an honour done not only to me but to Al-Ansar Foundation in general.
- Your Excellencies, Eminent Scholars, and Distinguished Ladies and Gentlemen, I am extremely happy and proud to be associated with this prestigious Media colossal known for unbiased and well-informed reportage. On behalf of other recipients and Al-Ansar Foundation in particular, I am glad that today, we are being recognized for our humble efforts in serving our great nation and humanity in general. Recognition like this is another way of motivating the younger generations to pursue virtues of excellence and hard work as the only way to stardom.
- I am equally proud to be associated with the good and relentless efforts of the Northeast Star Magazine in ensuring that peace and normalcy is returned to the North East region. Your contributions to socio-economic and political development of the region in particular and Nigeria in general are quite commendable.
- Indeed, today marks another very historic and important milestone in the exciting journey of this Media giant and we are very much excited to be here today to be part of this history.
- Your Excellency, distinguished personalities here present; today, I would like to talk a bit about one of the intervention areas where Al-Ansar Foundation is paying more attention to – Education. The importance of education and what it contributes to national development cannot be over-emphasized. Education is a critical sector in any nation building. Being a major investment in human capital development, it plays a strategic role in long-term productivity and growth at both micro and macro levels. Education also plays a pivotal role in developing a country in every aspect, be it social, cultural or moral development. Therefore, you would all agree with me that, a nation develops in relation to its achievement in education. This explains why any serious minded country that wishes to develop in the real sense of it, first and foremost, must develop its educational sector.
- It is against this backdrop that Al-Ansar Foundation consciously made education as one of its cardinal objectives. Education built with the fear of Allah (SWT) remains the cornerstone of our existence. There is the need for more commitment by all tiers and levels of governments as well as other stakeholders across the country to enhance the level of education.
- Al-Ansar Foundation has ventured into the establishment of educational institutions to bridge the waxing gap in education in Borno state, the region and beyond. In this regard, the proposed Al-Ansar University Maiduguri will be the first of its kind to be established in the entire Kanem-Borno Empire and will be third in the entire North-East region. It is our firm belief and conviction that when AUM finally takes off, it will be one of the best Universities not only in the North-East region but in the entire country. We are determined to build an institution where teaching of moral rites, values and characters are held in the highest of esteems. For this reason, we are determined and ready to partner with Northeast Star Magazine and all other Stakeholders, to ensure that the goals and aspirations for which AUM and all other educational institutions of Al-Ansar Foundation were established are attained. In the same vain, we are equally soliciting for the support, collaboration and partnership of well-meaning and spirited individuals, corporate organizations and government agencies towards the development of the proposed University.
- In conclusion, I must commend the leadership of the Northeast Star Magazine for the hard work, dedication and sacrifice put into, yet again, another very successful and remarkable event. And last but not the least, I dedicate this award bestowed upon me today, to those that have believed in me over the years, those whom without their support and prayers, I would not be here today receiving this award.
- I thank you most warmly for your attention and may Allah (SWT) bless all of us. Ameen.