Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh
2. All praises are due to the Almighty Allah for His mercies and blessings upon us and the entire humanity. May his peace and blessings be upon His prophet and Messenger Muhammad (S.A.W), His Household and Companions.
3. Distinguished personalities, let me seize this opportunity to thank you all for honouring our invitation despite your busy schedules. As you are all aware, we are here today to formally inaugurate the Board of Trustees of our Security Outfit – the Al-Ansar Security Services Limited. This occasion is of great importance to us, because Al-Ansar Security Services Limited which was a mean idea some years ago has become a full-fledged registered security company in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
4. Before we delve further into the business of our gathering here today, I would like to use this opportunity to inform you all that Al-Ansar Security Services Limited is one of the fourteen (14), newly licensed security companies in Nigeria by Federal Ministry of Interior through the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC). Against this backdrop, let me also inform you that all necessary operational permits have been obtained from relevant government agencies. Furthermore, we have commenced full operations and we are at the verge of recruiting additional security guards in order to beef up the existing strength. We have also developed a website for the purpose of sharing information and reaching out to our audience and prospective clients.
5. As we all know, no responsible entity, be it private or public can function and succeed without Governance Structure in place. The success of any venture lays squarely on the shoulders of its leader(s). As being rightly said that “everything in an organization rises and falls on the leadership”. The Foundation believes that with the right leadership in place, the security arm of the Foundation will achieve the vision and mission for which it was established. For this reason, the Foundation believes that this is the right time to inaugurate members of the Board that will be saddled with the responsibility of overseeing the affairs of the company.
6. It is our heartfelt desire to always work with men and women of zeal and passion to serve humanity, especially those with unquestionable characters. Without doubt whatsoever, we can attest to the fact that members of the soon-to-be-inaugurated Board are those with impeccable attributes. There is no dispute that, those of you chosen to serve on the Board of this company will pilot its affairs and justify the confidence reposed on you as your nomination was based purely on your competences, experiences and proven track records in your various endeavours. Furthermore, it is our believe that, with the help of Allah (SWT), we will always work hard to share the passion of providing service to humanity by implementing the vision and mission of the Foundation.
7. Consequently, I must salute everyone and especially those to be inaugurated into the Board today, for considering this event important enough to honour us with your presence. This signifies your genuine interest in working with us to achieve a common goal.
8. Distinguished Members and Invited Guests, to remove any ambiguity, it is an imperative that we clearly define the objectives of Al-Ansar Security Services Limited; which is to provide our clients with the option to receive all support services necessary for the innovative, effective and efficient running of their organisations. To achieve this mission, we must embrace the Al-Ansar Foundation’s core values and professional work ethics.
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE BOARD
9. Include but not limited to the following specific functions:
- The Board shall be responsible for directing, influencing monitoring and evaluating the activities of Al-Ansar Security Services Limited.
- The Board is expected to liaise with regulatory bodies like the Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corp (NSCDC) to ensure strict compliance with rules and regulations governing Private Security Guards operations in Nigeria.
- The Board is also expected to use its connection to attract contracts to finance the activities of the organization.
- Review and, as appropriate, make recommendations to the Founder and President regarding the resources and delivery of the organization’s programmes.
- Review and, as appropriate, make recommendations to the Founder and President regarding significant investments in support of the organization’s operation and activities.
- Receive and consider the regular reports from the operations of all security units of the organization Conduct the affairs of the organization in accordance with the vision and mission of Al-Ansar Foundation and promotes the highest standards of integrity, probity and corporate governance within the company.
- Ensures that the Founder and President and by Extension, the Foundation is properly briefed on issues arising at Board meeting and receives, in a timely manner, adequate information which must be accurate, clear, complete and reliable, to fulfil its duties, such as reports on the Foundation’s performance, issues, challenges and opportunities facing the Foundation, and matter reserved for him to make decision.
- The Board shall be responsible for setting the ethical and operational standards to govern the Al-Ansar Security Services Limited.
- The Board is also expected to brief the Founder and President on a quarterly basis amongst others.
- Lastly, the Board should endeavor to ensure this security outfit covers the whole nation within the next 12months.
10. Before I conclude my remarks, I want you to know that the Board will serve for a tenure of 2 years, subject to renewable. Your retention shall be based on results. We shall put in place mechanisms for appraising various Boards of our organizations in order to gauge performances against bench-marked results.
11. On this note, Ladies and Gentlemen, I am honoured to hereby officially inaugurate the Board of Al-Ansar Security Services Limited to the glory of Almighty Allah.
12. Thank you and may Allah bless us all. Ameen.