Dr. Hasan Bin Abdul-Hamid Al-Bukhari,
Dean, Institute of Arabic Language for Non-Native Speakers
Umm Al-Qura University,
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
In the name of Allah, the most Beneficent, the most Merciful, I hereby, offer Your Excellency the best form of greetings on behalf of Board of Trustees and Management of Al-Ansar Foundation; (Assallamu Alaykum, Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh).
2. Your Excellency, I wish to express my sincere appreciation to you, the Embassy of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and the entire team of Umm Al-Qura University for the historic and legendary visit to Nigeria and particularly the tour to Maiduguri, Borno State for spot assessment of the permanent and temporary sites of the proposed Al-Ansar University, Al-Ansar Radio and Television Station, Al-Ansar Masjid, Al-Ansar Academy Maiduguri (ALAAMA), Al-Ansar Qur’anic Memorization School amongst other outfits of the Foundation. Indeed, we are honoured for the opportunity to share from the wealth of experiences of the astute professionals and academicians from the Umm Al-Qura University.
3. The Foundation considers this life-time opportunity as rare, huge and overwhelming and wishes to genuinely appreciate all the efforts Your Excellency, and other members of the team have demonstrated to encourage the Foundation towards the development of the proposed Al-Ansar University and other humanitarian activities. This uncommon gesture by Your Excellency is considered by the Foundation as legendary and will remain printed in our memories as a gentle reminder of the fact that we are in a worthy cause of serving the Almighty Allah (SWT) through service to humanity.
4. There is no doubt that Umm Al-Qura University ranks amongst the foremost University in Saudi Arabia and indeed, Middle-East as an academic institution with intellectually stimulating environment and excellent facilities for learning, research and innovation.
5. Our quest to emulate your standards of what a University should be for the purpose of establishing Al-Ansar University Maiduguri (AUM) therefore informed our decision to seek support, collaboration and partnership with the Umm Al-Qura University and by extension, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
6. Furthermore, the Foundation and the proposed Al-Ansar University Maiduguri (AUM) will be honoured to partner with your institution in the areas of academic cooperation, research partnership, and staff development and student exchange programmes.
7. Consequently, Al-Ansar Foundation, the proposed Al-Ansar University Maiduguri and other outfits of the Foundation stand proud to associate with Umm Al-Qura University and would continue to maintain cordial and mutually benefiting relationship towards advancing knowledge and human development within Nigeria and beyond.
8. While thanking Your Excellency for honouring our invitation and as well as making it a memorable, historic and encouraging meeting, please accept the assurances of my esteemed regards, always.
Dr. Mohammed Kyari. Dikwa mni, Ph.D., FCNA, FCTI, ACA
Founder and President.